Monday, June 22, 2009

Sparklers T-shirt Re-"vamp"

So by now you know I'm headed to Dallas this summer for TwiCon - and my friend found these t-shirts at Tar-get a few weeks ago on a 4th of July display for $5. We thought they were perfect for TwiCon - I might actually wear this for the 4th and for TwiCon. ("Sparklers" - get it? "Sparklers"........as in vampires from Twilight?)
I thought it needed a little tweaking - so I dug out my pair of trusty Gingers and cut the neckline.
I used a ruler and a disappearing ink pen to draw the line where I wanted it while wearing it, then just cut and serged the edge.
I also took silver fabric paint and painted over the top of the sparkler - I was trying to go for a more silver look rather than blue.

I think for minimal effort, it turned out pretty cute.
Here is a sort of pre-view for my next project........
I've been so busy lately I'm meeting myself coming and going. I've got a cake in the oven (hubby's birthday today!), laundry in the washer, dish washer going, half finished Etsy order on the sewing table, messy house and little boy crying to get out of bed.
We've had vacation bible school all week along with other activities like gymnastics, pool party, and boot camp.....not so much a slow summer - but things should slow down a bit next week.
OK - buzzer just went off on the oven for the lovely birthday cake....guess what?! The oven wasn't even turned on! I'm losing my brain.

2 comments:

a.tonagel said...

Ahhh... I get it "Sparklers" Cute cute! I like the neckline.

RetroLeeTX said...

Gee thanks - I like the neckline too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...