Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Making Hang Tags

Sort of like "Maaaakin' Copies"........well, minus the SNL stage.........
Getting ready for my first Holiday Trunk Show of the season. I thought I'd share how I make my o so lovely Hang Tags! It's fun - grap a cup of coffee (or tea) and let's go!
So, first, I print on card stock the verbage I want. Then I take a tag, of which I like the shape, and trace around my printing. Then cut out.... Yes, this takes awhile. Good activity while watching Dancing with the Stars, or Twilight for the 100th time, oh - have you seen Eastwick? that one's pretty good too! I'd recommend DVR'ing it though to watch when the kiddos are in bed.So, after I have them cut out - I lay them in a baking sheet and pour the morning's leftover coffee on them - not too much, just enough to make a nice stain. Then I "bake" them at 200 degrees for a few minutes until they are dry. You'll want to watch the oven really close to make sure you don't start a fire!Once they come out of the oven, it's time for a little Mod Podge.I lay them out on wax paper and spread Mod Podge over the front and back, making sure them dry really well. Sometimes I use Mod Podge that has an antiquing affect.After the Mod Podge dries, then I just glue on little bits of lace and Viola!
Now, I've got to get some sewing done so that I actually have something to hang, these Hang Tags on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...