Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sam Bradley in Dallas - Zuni


I think most of  you know, I am a huge fan of live music - specifically guitar, acoustic - folksy, rock, soul, alternative, country-ish (no top 20 stuff please), indie - singer/songwriters.....

I had the opportunity to see one of my top favorites - Sam Bradley Friday night in Dallas at the House of Blues!  Sam played with guitarist, John Notto - these guys put on a great show; although I was a little bummed because I am height challenged, and this is one of those venues where you need to be at least 6 feet tall in order to see the stage.  My friend and I got sandwiched in the middle of the crowd, and we both started getting claustrophobic, so we crawled out and wound up on the side of the room - right behind a speaker - ah, but oh well - such is life.  Sam opened for Brooke Fraser - I would have preferred to see Sam perform the whole show - but.....still.... ah well, what could I do.  Except ask the guy in front of me if I could sit on his shoulders, but.....that wasssna gonna happen - errmmmm.   He is such a talented musician/singer and a gentleman to boot - he obliged me with a photo - along with each and every one of his fans.

I'm not a music critic by any stretch, but I know what I like - and I love Sam's music - check out his new EP, titled Zuni - you can find more info here.  You can also visit his MySpace page and have a listen to several of his songs -

I'm so happy to have been able to see him perform again!  It's great to see people in their element and following their dreams - it's very inspirational - it's all good - wishing him the best of luck!
This song - Sea Blue - is one of my favorites - please watch - I think you'll really like it!


I'm off to visit my sewing machine.  I've got some projects to get completed before another Trunk Show on Thursday and..... a new collection of songs to listen to!  (oh... and the kiddies are entertaining themselves by destroying my kitchen with playdoh..... it's all good :)

2 comments:

Tina D. said...

Leanne, this has nothing to do with this last post of yours, but I wanted you to be aware of Bobby Flay's next throwdown with Pioneer Woman. Here is the link. http://www.foodnetwork.com/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/thanksgiving-feast/index.html Hopefully I did this right. It is tomorrow night I think. Thought you might like to see it.

RetroLeeTX said...

Ha! Thanks Tina - took me a second to figure out what you were talking about ;) I'll check it out! Glad to see you're still lurking out there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...