Tuesday, April 1, 2008

EXTRA EXTRA...70's Sheet Turned Adorable Skirt




I took that borderline gaudy 70's sheet that I posted about earlier and turned it into the cutest wrap skirt. Added a vintage doilie to the front. Turned out great. I used my serger too - and boy was that a breeze! So far, I've got side seams down on that thing! Also used my Blind Hem foot for the hem. Super easy too. I used the intructions found in Sew What Skirts.

I'm planning to add several of these to my my Etsy shop in the future. I'm thinking a little bit shorter, but this pattern is so simple that it would fit many sizes. I may even end up making one for myself!

2 comments:

Christie said...

This skirt is adorable...and even better because it's made from 70's sheets! I'm very impressed.

RetroLeeTX said...

Thanks Christie! Welcome to the blog. Yes, I love the sheet - luckily there is A LOT more fabric to go. I'm even thinking of making a skirt for myself out of it. For sure some lucky apron will be made from it also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...