Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Banana Nut Bread - from Aunt Bernice

I absolutely love fall - and I love this banana nut bread. This particular recipe came to me from my Great Aunt Bernice. Hope you like it too!Banana Nut Bread

1/2 cp. butter
1 1/3 cp. dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, unbeaten
2 cp. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cp. sour cream
1 cp. ripe, mashed bananas (I use 3 bananas)
1 cp. chopped walnuts

Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla. Add flour, soda, sour cream, bananas and walnuts. Mix well.
Pour into 1 large loaf pan or 4 small loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes. (Shorter cooking time for small pans, longer cooking time for large pan).

Let me know if you try this recipe. I just love it - and the kids love it too. Not to mention it gets me points with my hubby, but only if I include the walnuts ;)
I also tend to underbake it a bit - just me, but I don't like my baked goods anywhere near over done.
Happy fall everyone!

4 comments:

a.tonagel said...

oohh.. that sounds way better than my recipe and fun since it is from Aunt Bernice. I will try this one next time. The boys and I just made two loaves last week to put in our freezer along with the 6 loaves of zucchini bread! :)

RetroLeeTX said...

You are the bread making queen!

Tamara Price said...

I have been looking for a banana bread recipe as good as my pumpkin bread recipe. I'm so picky about breads so I'm excited to try this one out. Thanks for posting~

RetroLeeTX said...

Great Tamara! Hope you make it - I just made another batch this morning for my fam - they don't eat bananas as quickly as I'd like and I hate seeing them go to waste.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...