Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, At Last!

Hi All -
Just wanted to reach out and say hello. I'm still here, just still basically out of commission regarding computer and camera, etc.
I am soooooooo glad that it's 2009!!! I'm ready for a clean slate, a new year, a new start. This will be a better year I'm certain. Of course I'm counting my many blessings from 2008, but there were several happenings during the past year that I would rather erase.
We had a fun Christmas despite the knots in my stomach over the break in. We were able to capture memories via family members cameras and video cameras. But, my husband made the comment that we have never gone through a bottle of vodka in our 10 years of marriage as quickly as we have during the last few weeks.
I realized this past weekend that the videos of my son crawling for the first time as well as his first steps may have been taken. I'm so heartbroken over this I can't bring myself to see exactly what I have and what I don't have. I don't care about any of the "stuff", I just want those video tapes back. The jerks that got into our house also managed to take several other items of value that had sentimental value. Why they couldn't have taken other things instead I don't know. I'm just praying everyday that who ever did this to us gets caught and that by some miracle we may get some items of significance returned.
I still pray that they get whatever help they need, because they are in a worse place in life than me I know.
Happy New Year to all our family and friends!!

1 comment:

Lacie said...

I am so sorry about the break-in!
As a Momma, I hurt for you with the loss of things such as the firsts for you little boy. I do hope that 2009 will be a fun year for your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...