Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Scotchies - The Cookie Recipe

Well, after mixed reviews at my house (was I going for a crunchy cookie - and these are more like Pumpkin Bread Cookies - a softer consistency), I decided to take these to the Fort Worth Arts Goggle Saturday night as my contribution to the snack table.  (Pumpkin Spice Cookies also came along....maybe I'll post that recipe too a little later).
These little Pumpkin Scotchies were snatched up pretty quickly, with audible "Mmmmm's..... and Oooh's....) - so, here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies 
(From Mommys Kitchen - a great blog for everyday cooking)

1 1/4 cp all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cp butter, softened
3/4 cp. sugar
3/4 cp. brown sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
2 large eggs
1 cp canned pumpkin (I used a small can)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used Mexican vanilla - yumm!)
3 cps quick oats
1 package Butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, sugars, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla in large mixer bowl.  Gradually beat in the flour mixture.  Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9-10 minutes for crisp cookies (I baked for 12 minutes and still got chewy cookies).  Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes - then remove to wire rack to cool completely.  (Personally - I inhaled my fair share while still warm! - yumm!)




Hope you enjoy them!  Would love to hear how yours turn out!

2 comments:

Funky Finds said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkin treats! I'll have to try making these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...