Monday, February 25, 2008

Thrifting is Fun! (so is eating Chocolate Chip Cookies!)

Some of my most favorite things are finding treasures, such as these sheets, in thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, you get the idea! I love to find something that someone else thought was of no use, and make something beautiful from it.
Besides the fact that it can bring back to life discarded items, it can also bring back memories - in this case, I suppose 60's or 70's. Anyway, these just look like the sheets I had on my bed growing up.
I'm planning to make some really cute skirts and aprons from them.
Now that the weather is warming up, I'm getting the itch to start hitting those garage sales and flea markets.


Another thing I love to do is bake - particulary cookies! and I almost always have little helpers under my feet these days. While #1 stirred the batter, #2 got into the lazy susan and helped himself to a box of corn starch. He then promptly poored it's entire contents onto the floor. Seems pretty proud of himself though, huh?
Needless to say, my kitchen was absolutely a mess - but everyone seemed happy with the end result!





























Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, I did complete 8 hours of serger class - and no, I am by no means an expert! I have decided to start another apron - here's the material layed out so far.
This serging business just takes a lot of patience at first - lots of fiddling with the tensions, stitch width, stitch length, number of needles, differential feed, etc, etc,........
I think I'll really love it, once I learn to keep good notes on all those settings.

1 comment:

crafter said...

Hi. I just wanted you to know I have been reading your blog and it inspired me to start one. It is so fun and I love reading about other peoples trivial lives!!!! Anyway, I think we had some sheets growing up like the gold one you bought. I love to thrift and garage sale also. See you later!
Monya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...