Thursday, February 7, 2008

What I've Been Up To......


These are a few pictures of some projects I've been busy with. The little burp clothes/changing pads in these pictures above came from a lovely green vintage tablecloth that I purchased from the GoodWill store. I was so excited to find it - of course it had a few holes here and there, but that's the beauty of knowing how to sew - I can just cut right around them and make something beautiful and usefull once again from a discarded item. These are for my sister to give as gifts for a baby shower. Sure hope the recipients love them!

These little t-shirts are for a friend of mine's little boy - he turned 1 year old last Friday. I thought they turned out really cute! and for such a sweetie of a boy!
Ok, this Ladies and Gentlemen, is my premier photograph on the Red Carpet! Fans and all -
Before anyone gets too excited, let me explain. My hubby and I were invited to a 50's Black Tie Birthday party. I have spent the better part of the last month and a half purusing e-bay looking for a vintage 50's dress. What a blast! I actually ended up buying 2 of them. The other is a lacey off white wiggle dress. Just fabulous, but more of a summer dress I decided.
This one is black taffetta with the most gorgeous detailing (which you can't see in the picture). I was also able to wear a real Mink Stole, white gloves from my Mom, a handbag from my Mom, vintage jewelry - wow - those clip-on earrings are wicked!!!! - and to top it off, seamed pantyhose and the greatest patent leather, rounded toe shoes.
We had such a great time - I'm trying to think up more excuses to buy more of these little lovelies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...