Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sewing for My Boy - Jon Jon's


I love little boys in Jon Jon's. I made several pairs for my boy last summer, when he was just turning 1. I figure I've got one more year for him to wear them before my husband starts putting his foot down and saying that they aren't appropriate anymore.

So, I made this pair this past week. Thought they turned out cute. Would be perfect for the 4th festivities - nice and cool too. But - seems my boy has an opinion of his own. He pitched a huge fit over them. It took two of us to get him in them - but we succeeded at last. This was the best picture I could get because he was so upset. They're in the wash now - not sure if I'll ever get them on his body again.
I used McCall's 2033 pattern http://http//www.mccallpattern.com/item/M2033.htm - SUPER EASY!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Those are adorable! My boy, now 4, is the same way. I thought I'd be able to dress him my way after having a super-choosy dd, but he's seems to have the same choosy gene she does, lol. I say make the Jon-Jon's as long as he'll wear them! Great work!

RetroLeeTX said...

thanks jenny - and I think I will, darn it!

Carla said...

I have searched at walmarts for this pattern and can not find it ... the link doesn't work. Do you know any where else to get this pattern?
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...