Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yo! I love Yo-Yo's!



Have you tried making Yo-Yo's yet? They are fun and easy! If you're like me, you hate throwing out those little fabric scraps, especially the prints that are so unique. I love taking those scraps and making something useful out of them. I've been carting around a little bag of supplies this week, trying to feed my creativity during those 5 or 10 minute breaks I get throughout the day. I settled down in our overstuffed chair Monday night to watch Dancing with the Stars, had the kids somewhat occupied (or so I thought), had my supplies all ready when my boy climbs up in my lap - along with my very sharp Ginger scissors, needles, and pins and asks me "Mommy, what you playing?" Guess that wasn't such a good idea anyway.

These Yo-Yo's are going to look great on aprons, diaper/wipe holders, anything really. I've even see them stitched together to make a valance to hang in your window - or just a piece of wall art. This is where I found the instructions to make them - Heather Bailey - beautiful blog if you care to take a peek.


Good luck Yo-Yo'ing!

Oh - and did I mention that I'm GOING TO ROUND TOP IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

a.tonagel said...

I am coming to Round Top next year! I have already decided! Love the yo-yo's. I got some cute fabric in Shipshe yesterday. I will make an apron and post it.

Charlie & Susan said...

You've gotten sooo many done! YEAH!

RetroLeeTX said...

Oh, I know! they're addicting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...