Saturday, July 25, 2009

Learning the Art of Tatted Lace at the County Fair

Can't wait to share with you pictures from the county fair! I'm trying to add to my craft arsenal by learning the art of tatted lace. "Pioneerland" is something my family has been involved in for the past 10 years or so, and the volunteers there are such a wealth of knowledge. Everyone from potters, wood carvers, basket weavers, fence builders, wood burners, blacksmiths, knitters, weavers, you name it. Several of the ladies have been kind enough to share with me their craft of tatting. I'm practicing, so hopefully by the time I get back to Texas, I'll have some pictures of something to share with you.
Anyone tatting out there? If so, I'd love to hear from you. I'm learning such a great admiration for this.
More about tatting later.......
Ooooh - I've also obtained a HUGE pile of wonderful vintage bits....lace, doilies, linens, ahhhh....can't wait to get back to sewing...... (After TwiCon in Dallas of course!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! You county fair sounds like a lot of fun and that is great that you've been able to stay involved!

Tatting is a wonderful art of making lace through a series of knots. I have been tatting for almost 30 years! I have a tatting blog which you are welcome to come and visit anytime! Please check out the "Tatting Blogs" blogroll on my sidebar and visit all the fabulous tatting blogs out there!

I also wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! I am giving away a "Learn To Tat" book, a tatting shuttle, some thread, and a tatted heart! Be sure to come on over and join in!

RetroLeeTX said...

Oooh! Can't wait to check out all of your info TattingChic (will have to wait until I'm home at a computer that moves a little faster than molasses)- I purchased a book yesterday with a tatting needle and that seems to be much easier to learn - although I'd love to master the shuttle because it seems more traditional for some reason. Thanks for stopping by - I can tell I'm going to love learning about this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...