Friday, March 14, 2008

Dinner Success (My Kids Even Ate It!)

Well, since I love to read everyone else's blogs, as well as write in my own - I came across this blog post in Angry Chicken about 5 Minute Artisan Bread- so I decided to scout around and find a recipe online that I could try before purchasing the book. Well, I found a recipe that had been adapted from the book here. Gave it a try - and WOW! it's Good! And I have to say, I was not quite sure how this was going to turn out. The recipe calls for 3 cups of water - I ended up adding 4 cups because my dough looked way too stiff.
Basically, you mix yeast, salt, water, and flour together - sit it on your counter for a few hours, then bake for 20-30 minutes and voila!
My kids ate it up...and I still have a rather large amount of dough in the frig. The recipe says that it'll keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Cool, huh?
One of the best parts, is the time element. I have a hard time devoting a length of time greater than 2 minutes to anything....(think needy children crawling up my leg), so this was great. Each step just took a few minutes.


Then, I came across this recipe in The Apron Book for Put Your Feet Up Stew. I can't say I put my feet up while it was cooking, but I can say, I wasn't standing in the kitchen (just chasing around my munchkins). Oh - for the love of a crock pot!!
Anyway - I think the picture doesn't look that appetizing - but I have to tell you - once again....my 5 year old and my 19 mo. old both ate it!! Basically just sausage (I used smoked turkey sausage), green beans, onion, potatoes and cream of mushroom soup. All together fairly healthy.


Part of my feeling of success stems from the fact that my #2 has been extremely cranky lately - teething....not napping....wanting "MaMa"...all the time, my hubbie is out of town until Sunday, and my #1 is recovering from Strep Throat and Mono....so, I officially, give myself a Bozo Button for today's accomplishments! Oh! and I sold my sweet little pink and blue Apron - to Amber. Thanks Amber! Oooh - and I had both kids in bed by 7:45pm tonight!! It was a good day.

1 comment:

Lacie said...

Hey girl! Where have I been! I have missed out on some great posts!

WOW! Very impressed by your day and your bread! It looks great! I my have to give both recipes a try!

I am so sorry one of your little ones has been sick- it is never fun when a child is sick!

Ok, I would like to have an apron sewing lesson- PLEASE! I am CRAZY about aprons and you are now "THE Apron Girl" in my book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...