Monday, March 17, 2008

While the Cat's Away.......

the mice will play. (Cat being my littlest munchkin, mice being myself and my #1). The little boy is sleeping peacefully, so my #2 and I have been very busy. We've been able to get in a little baking, sewing, and crafting. All things that little boy would love very much to get his grubby little hands in, but would create caos if that were allowed to happen

don't these cookies look yummy? well they are! Oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chip. Thanks to the Better Homes and Garden cookbook on my counter









Here's a little sneak peek at an apron I'm working on. I think I'm going to love it. Those black and pink buttons are some of my favorite. This is how I'm trying to squeeze in what little time I have to sew.

People always ask me how I do it - well, it's always out - my dining room table is always full of fabric. And, I just have to work on projects sometimes 1 or 2 minutes at a time. But it's worth it - I do love sewing and creating - and now, blogging!

Then, the crafting. My girl LOVES to glue, paint, cut, and draw. So, she was very excited when her Gaga sent her this bunch of craft sticks and shapes to play with. She's working on making an Easter picture frame. So pretty.







We also were able to plug in a little shopping time this morning for new Easter shoes. I can't believe Easter is next weekend already. It's so early this year! We wound up getting these - I spent more money on them than I usually spend on shoes for myself - but, I guess that's what mom's do. Besides, I was really dismayed at the selection of shoes for little girls. I can't stand little girls' shoes that look like miniature women's shoes. They are LITTLE girls - not little girls trying to look like grown women. I think girls are forced to grow up too fast anyway - o well. We're both happy with these little Stride Rites.

Oh - Cra* - I forgot I still have cookies in the oven and the timer isn't on!..................

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...