Friday, August 29, 2008

Boys Plaid Patchwork Shorts

My family is having our picture taken in a few weeks and I was looking for something for the kids to wear. I spotted these shorts from Kelly's Kids, but didn't want to pay the money for them, mainly because I knew if I found similar fabric I could just make them myself.
I used this pattern from Simplicity. I found the material at Joann's. It was a little tricky working with this fabric, mainly because of the patchwork. There are a lot of seams to deal with.
Here's what I came up with! (No, I didn't mess up the leg, it's just how he's standing. I had to take the picture quick! He doesn't hold still for very long)



I'm also planning to make this dress for my girl. I'll let you know how that turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...