Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cake Decorating with Craft Club Friends

Anna hosted our monthly Craft Club for August. We learned cake decorating this time! I've always wanted to take a class or learn more about cake decorating, but just never took the time. The colors in these pictures didn't turn out very well - they were much prettier in person.
It's been so much fun spending time with friends and learning something new in the process. I love the fact that by learning something totally new to me, I'm inspired to create new things in my own realm of sewing.

So, maybe if you're in a rut creatively. Just try something new. It jump starts certain sparks in your brain and turns your creativity back on. It also makes you want to head straight to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Joanns and blow a wad of money on new supplies!

Anna, thanks for a great evening. I still can't believe how late I'm getting home on these evenings (12:30 AM folks!) - that's pretty late when you've got little ones raring to go at 6am the next morning. But, it's been well worth it.

I hope I can further inspire all of you in sharing my creative outlets. I'm hosting the next Craft Club night - we'll be making aprons, of course! I'll be sure to share the pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also a member of a "Craft Club"! Our last meeting we were supposed to plant an herb garden but all the stores were out of cilantro. So.. we sat around and ate and talked. Still a fun night! Thanks for giving us the idea to get started!

RetroLeeTX said...

Anyone else a part of a craft club? It's been so much fun. I'm also part of a "Supper Club" - think I need to post about that sometime too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...