Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Update - I'm back





Things are starting to settle back down a bit for a few days - until school starts, which will be a big adjustment for me. My girl is starting kindergarten this year and I'm not quite sure how that will all pan out. I'm certain that she will love it, I'm certain I'll cry, and I'm certain that little boy will miss his big sister.

We've had lots of adventures these last few weeks. I hinted at them on my last post.

First of all - had a great trip to Indiana. Spent lots of time hanging out at my childhood home with my parents - swimming, playing outside, picking raspberries, picking cherries, gathering apples for the horses, riding Papa's tractor, a trip to the zoo, picking and canning green beans, eating sweet corn, watching crop dusters, a visit to the Hesston Train Museum, celebrating my boy's 2nd birthday, lots of time at the fair, and just enjoying the cool green grass and wonderful 85 degree weather! Texas was up to 107 while we were gone!
We did have a little upset during our visit though - my boy came down with a terrible bug of some sort and wound up in the hospital for 3 days with an IV in his little hand. Before the trip, I was worried about keeping him occupied for 2 hours in the airplane, now that seems like a piece of cake compared to keeping him occupied for 3 days with a tube attached to his arm in a hospital room! It was scary, but in a wierd way it actually worked out. My girl was able to spend some good one on one time with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. My husband flew up on a moment's notice and spent 2 nights with us - so he was able to see our girl swim and she took him to the "fair" one morning - so he could see the "Great LaPorte County Fair"! I also had some time to visit with my brother while he came to sit with me at the hospital as well as my dad. That's not really something we make the time to do ordinarily. And, most importantly, my boy is all better and back to his ornery little self.

As I've mentioned before, my parents are antique dealers. I had a chance to go with my dad on a buying trip which was extremely fun. I scored some of the best linens and I can't wait to start sewing with them.
Here are some of them hanging on the line.

The kids (as well as the rest of us) had such a good time at the fair - it's all you'd want a county fair to be - lots of families, fried food, animals and for my family, a chance to see friends and people that you haven't caught up with in a very long time. I actually ran into my best friend from the 5th and 6th grade! Kristie - it was good to see you!!

We even had a visit from Gaga - my kids grandmother from Birmingham. She drove up in order to celebrate the boy's 2nd birthday, and of course, visit the fair!


My mom, my sister, myself and all the little cousins.The boys - my boy and my sister's. They are 5 months apart in age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! You are a great photographer! Or in the words of Cassidy- "Photo-grapher" :)
a

RetroLeeTX said...

Ah Gee, thanks :) I thought they were fun too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...